These are some methods that slow down water movement to increase
infiltration of stormwater and reduce runoff.
- Green roof planted with shallow-rooted vegetation absorbs water - and cools the house.
- Rain barrel stores excess rain that can be used for watering later.
- Redirected downspout channels rainwater to vegetated areas.
- Permeable pavers allow water infiltration.
- Rain garden planted with water-loving vegetation absorbs water in low-lying areas.
- Curb cutouts divert street runoff - provided there is nearby vegetation.